Counting Palm trees

Hello, I have palm tree farm image, and I wanted to count palm trees. Can I do this using picstork is this supported.

4 Likes

Hii @vab07
Yes, you can count palm trees using Picstrok Upload the farm orthomosaic TIFF to Picstork and run the training task to generate a palm tree detector.
Then use this detector to perform a detection task and you will get the total number of palm trees.
Picstrok provides a simple tour to perform these training and detection tasks.

1 Like

Can you explain how I can create workflows within PicStork? What are the steps involved in defining a workflow and adding objects for identification?

2 Likes

Hello @vab07 ,
Picstrok essentially offers model training and executes detection using the generated model.

Here are the steps for training the model:

1. Begin by creating a project and task for model training.
  2. Subsequently, establish an image set and upload images. If you have an orthomosaic map created on the DroneNakhsa, you can also import it into the image set.
  3. Initiate the task by annotating the required objects. If the training task involves images, annotate a minimum of 20 images. Alternatively, if you’re working with an orthomosaic map, draw the Training area, Testing area, and Accuracy area.
  4. Proceed to the setup option, where you will select task accuracy, and task purpose, and commence the training task.
  5. Once the model is ready, you will receive an email notification.
  6. Verify your created model in the detector section of the Picstrok dashboard.stance.

Here are the steps for the Detection task:

1. Begin by creating a detection task.
  2. Subsequently, create an image set specifically for the detection task. You have the option to use images or orthomosaic maps for this task.
  3. Choose the purpose of the detection task, whether it involves counting, defect identification, or both.
  4. Select the detector that will be used to perform the detection task.
  5. Please note that if you created the model using images, it will only be available for detection on images. Similarly, if you created a model on an orthomosaic, it will only be available for detection on orthomosaic maps.
  6. Commence the detection task.
  7. You will receive an email notification upon completion of the task.
  8. Afterward, review the reports available in two formats: summary report and detailed report.
  9. You have the option to download the reports for your records.

Feel free to reach out if you have any further questions or need additional assistance.

2 Likes

Hey @vab07 this is similar task but it has missing palm tree and palm trees count do check this out

1 Like