Volume Calculation

I’ve conducted detection on orthomosaic images for stockpile analysis within the Picstork platform. Now, I aim to transfer this detection data to the DroneNaksha platform for volume calculation purposes. What steps should I follow to import this data into the DroneNaksha platform?

1 Like

Hello @DroneDreamerX ,

Please follow the steps below to import a detection layer and calculate volume on it:

1. Open the desired map in DroneNaksha where you need to import and calculate volume. Ensure that DSM and DTM are generated or imported; otherwise, you won’t be able to perform volume calculation.
  2. After opening the map, click on the “Layers” button located in the right-side toolbar.
  3. The Layers panel will open from the right side; click on the “Import” button located at the top right.
  4. A popup will open; select “Detection” from the options. The detection selector popup will open; choose your detection task. Your detections will be imported onto the map.
  5. Now, click on the polygon from the imported detections and add it to the measurement using the “Add to Measurement” button.
  6. Click on the added measurement polygon. The right-side panel will open. Now, you can calculate the volume using the volume calculation section.

Here’s one of the cases for stockpile management refer this video